The Shoot Space is pleased to host special guest, Victor Ha, as he shares the secrets to utilizing your DLSR for professional-quality video. Your registration includes a free video monopod, valued at $200!
Come explore and learn the basic skills and elements needed in transitioning from photography into HD Video. This two-day, hands-on seminar will investigate the concepts of story telling and what tools, skills and concepts are required in moving beyond the still and into the world of HD Video.
- But Wait… I’m a Photographer! – How Video Applies to Your Photographic Profession
- The nuts and bolts of using an HDSLR to create video.
- Some basic filmmaking concepts
- Using your photographic tools to create video
- Essential video-based tools and why they’re important.
- Conceptualizing, planning and capturing a simple project.
- Planning your first project.
- Filming your first project.
- Audio 101
- Video Lighting 101
- Editing 101
What the student needs to bring:
- HDSLR Camera and Lenses
- Memory Cards
- Variable ND filters (if you have them)
[/column] [column type=”one-third” last=”true”][/column] [column type=”one-half”]
[/column] [column type=”one-half” last=”true”]Instructor Bio:
Victor Ha is a former professional photographer that has transitioned into understanding the complexities of HDSLR filmmaking and overcoming the various challenges involved with making a transition from shooting stills to capturing video. Victor takes a very practical approach in helping other photographers make the transition to HDSLR video by leveraging their photographic knowledge into filmmaking prowess.
Space is limited! Registration opens on Tuesday, April 23. Click here to register.
Early Bird Registration (April 23 – July 31): $200
Standard Registration (August 1 – 21): $249
Registration at the Door (space permitting): $249, payable in cash or money order
Workshop Location: The Shoot Space
Want to learn more about The Shoot Space? Visit our home page.